[guispeak] Norton Antivirus 2005 Installation Problem

  • From: "Paul Hutson" <pjhutson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:10:12 -0800

Hi all.

I recently tried to install Norton Antivirus 2005 on my Win98 S. E. laptop
machine and ran into a problem.
I was able to get 99 percent of the program installed but then suddenly my
hard drive just stopped moving and I had to stop the installation process.
Now, every time I try to run the NSV11 installation program the program just
exits without a message to tell me why.
FYI, I am running the downloadable version of the installation program and
I'm NOT going to receive a CD version of the program unless I order it
separately and pay another $50 Apx, which I will NOT do.
Has anyone had this problem and if so, were you able to solve this and if
so, how?
Any ideas would be appreciated and by the way, I am running Jaws 4.51.
TIA,
Paul