[guispeak] Malfunction not quite solved

  • From: "Bundy, Keith" <Keith.Bundy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:38:25 -0600

Well, folks, I spoke a bit too quickly, I guess.  I was able to undelete
my files, and most of them read quite beautifully.  However, I have run
into a couple of files where Word says the files may be corrupted and
suggests I open them and use a text recovery converter on them.  Where
can I find such a program?

Also, one file asks me if I want to make Word my default web editor, and
it was done in Word, not HTML.  Finally, another file wants to know
which encoding I want to use to make the text readable.

As I said, most of the files have been recovered beautifully.  Any
further suggestions?

I did restore my system to last week, but it did not recover any of the
deleted files.  Thanks for any help.
Keith Bundy
Director of Student Development
Dakota State University