[guispeak] Machine running very slow

  • From: "Keith Bundy" <okb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <vicug-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 22:54:16 -0500

Hi, folks.  I have a couple of quick questions.

I am running Windows XP Home at home, Service Pack 1.  It has suddenly
become very slow and sluggish.  If I keep downloading the Windows updates,
do I need to try Service Pack 2?

Also, there are a couple of programs in the start-up that I would like to
remove.  I have not done this in XP, and getting to Start-Up doesn't appear
to be as forthright as it was in Windows 98.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Keith Bundy
Madison, SD
http://www.nazarenemadisonsd.org