[guispeak] I just purchased pdf converter...

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nfb-talk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 02:14:50 -0500

Hi all --
Well I went and ordered and downloaded and installed and registered and activated and tried the pdf converter and it is truely great!
It is only $49.xx and does a great job converting pdf to MS Word,. And you can save the opened Word doc using the save-as option in the file menu, and from there you can also use the save-as to save as an html file.

I just tried it out on the pdf file that my cable provider downloads giving the channel and network listings for their service. I was previously unable to read it without a lot of grief, but now it is laid out just fine!

Anyway, I know this isn't a thorough test of the software, as the table in this particular pdf doesn't contain a lot of graphics and no forms. But it is a large table, which was really hard to navigate by saving it as a txt document directly from acrobat.
Anyway, I'd recommend this file. When I find a pdf with a form on it I'll try it and see how well it works.
Anyway, just thought I'd pass it along!
Have fun!
--le