[guispeak] Getting started with an IBM 600 laptop

  • From: Will Smith <wilsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:02:09 -0500 (EST)

I just got my hands on an older IBM 600 laptop with 128 megs of RAM and no instructions about how to power the unit off and on and other basic start-up info.

I wonder if anyone here is familiar with this model? I plan to install win98se on it and use it for basic stuff, mainly word processing and web brosing.

I've never owned a laptop before, and suspect the battery is weak, so I am using the plug in power AC module to provide DC power for it. It would help if somone could tell me about the key layout and basic on-off controls.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Will
wilsmith@xxxxxxxxx