[guispeak] Fwd: ACB radio!

  • From: Andy Baracco <wq6r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: acb-l@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 21:20:49 -0700

Hi list,

If anyone has any ideas as to how to help Sherri, please message her directly.
Andy

From: Sherri <fl_mom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ACB radio!
To: Andy Baracco <wq6r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Andy,

I've been playing with ACB radio lately and when I try to listen to something in the "on demand" section, I get the following error message. I don't know what to do about it or what configurations to change. If you could pass this along to a list or someone who could help me, I would appreciate it. Here's the error message.

You've encountered error message C00D1197 while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.

Cannot play the specified file

Windows Media Player cannot play the specified file. This error message may occur for one of the following reasons:
The path to the file is not valid. If you typed a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address in the Open URL dialog box, be sure the file name is spelled correctly
and the path to the file is correct, and then try again. If you clicked a link on a Web page, clicking the link again may fix the problem.
The server is down or busy. Try to connect to the server at a later time.
Some network protocols in the Player are not enabled. Enable all network protocols, and then try again.
The proxy server settings for Windows Media Player are not configured properly. Verify that your proxy settings are correct, and then try again.

To enable all network protocols
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Network tab.
In the Protocols area, select all the protocol check boxes.

To verify your proxy server settings
On the Tools menu, click Options, click the Network tab, and then verify your settings in the Proxy settings area.

Note If you do not know what your proxy server settings should be, on the Network tab, select a protocol, click Configure, and then select one of the
following options:
Autodetect proxy settings
Use proxy settings of the Web browser (available for HTTP protocol only)

Sherri

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.