[guispeak] Re: Fw: Microsoft posts emergency defense for new attack [NEWS UPDATE] (fwd)

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:58:04 +0100

Think MSBlaster worm (which was mentioned in the article), that was around
in 2003.  A real nuisance to those who suffered from it, computer endlessly
restarting, etc.

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:33:55 -0700
>From: Windows Secrets <Editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

A news update is now available from Windows Secrets.  Please
visit:

http://WindowsSecrets.com/comp/081024

News updates have no paid version, and the same content is
e-mailed to paying subscribers and free subscribers.

If you're having any problems with your subscription, please
let me know using the contact page shown below.

Thanks,

Brian Livingston
Editorial Director, Windows Secrets Newsletter
http://WindowsSecrets.com/contact

You subscribed using the address wilsmith@xxxxxxxxx
Your reader number is 15692-12049

You're receiving the Notice-Only version of the newsletter.
On your preferences page, you can:

   1. Change your delivery address;
   2. Switch from Notice-Only to our complete version; or
   3. Edit your other settings.

Use the following link to visit your preferences page:

http://WindowsSecrets.com/prefs/?u=oeastxuik65x&r=15692-12049

Windows Secrets Newsletter:

   Send a blank e-mail to unsub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with
   "leave wilsmith@xxxxxxxxx" as the subject line.

The Windows Secrets Newsletter is published weekly on the
1st through 4th Thursdays of each month, plus occasional
news updates.  We skip an issue on any 5th Thursday that
occurs, plus the week of Thanksgiving and the last two
weeks of August and December.

Publisher:

WindowsSecrets.com
Attn: #120 Editor
1700 7th Ave., Suite 116
Seattle, WA 98101-1323 USA

Vendors, please do not send unsolicited materials to this
address (readers' letters are fine).