[guispeak] Re: FileDir 1.2 released

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 07:48:30 -0500 (EST)

To clarify, I'm reluctant (though not steadfastly so) to make FileDir
say the word "tagged" in that situation because it would cause double
speech with the recommended setting of punctuation being on.  With that
setting, one hears symbols that convey significant information each time
a list item receives focus or is refreshed.  Besides the greater than
symbol indicating tagged state, a backslash indicates a folder as
opposed to file item, a parenthesis indicates hidden state, a square
bracket ReadOnly state, and a curly brace the System attribute.  Most
items do not have attributes of this nature so the additional
information, when they do, is intended to be a selective use of extra speech.

Jamal