[guispeak] Do you Have to Turn on Document Protection to Check and Uncheck Checkboxes in a Word 2007 Document?

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:18:32 -0500

Hi,
I received a Word 2007 document that is basically a form to be filled out.
 The document isn't protected in any way so I can freely walk through it.
It does include form controls such as checkboxes.  I'm wondering whether,
if I actually want to fill this form in, I need to turn on document
protection and restrict editing to filling out forms.  With the file in
its current unprotected state, I can't find any way to toggle checkboxes
from the keyboard.

Thanks for any pointers,
Jerry

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in
error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.