[guispeak] Re: British accents with JAWS and IE6

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:37:09 -0000

Because web pages, and even things like Word documents, are
written for a specific locale, or country.  That's how, for
example, a spelling checker knows how to use an American
English or British English spelling checker.  This
information is held in an the file.

JAWS now incorporates a language detector which will change
synthesiser language accordingly.  Going from say English to
Spanish is an easy change, but from American English to
British English can be a shade spooky.

George.

they=20
> are not British?
> When I go to:
> www.ky.gov,
> I get a British accent.  When I go to other pages on the=20
> site, the accent returns to American English.

>=20
>=20

=0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee Groupshield.