[guispeak] Re: Braille Cell Replacement.

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:18:13 -0500

Hi Anita -- Oh dear -- I am afraid replacing a cell is rather
expensive--someone once told me the cost was some ridiculous price like $100
per cell.  Could this be right?
I don't know how much expertise it takes to do the replacement, assuming you
are able to purchase a cell.  Perhaps someone else could point you to a good
repair place other than freedom scientific.  But that being said, in all
fairness FS has brought down its prices for repairs.  You should give them a
call.  Call 727-803-8600 and press option 3 for hardware support.

Good luck.
--le