[guispeak] Atlas Speaks

  • From: Andy Baracco <wq6r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:07:57 -0800

i have the program "Atlas Speaks", which is a talking map program developed
by Arkenstone in the mid to late 1990's.  It is a 16 bit hibred DOS/Windows
program that was originally designed to run on Windows 3.1, but would run
on my old Windows'95 computer.  it runs under Windows, but has to be
installed under DOS.  I now have a computer running Windows'XP SP-2. I do
not believe the program supports software speech, however, I have a Dec
Express that I use on this machine with OpenBook and Window-Eyes, and Atlas
Speaks can utilize the SSIL driver for the Dec Express.  I was wondering if
anyone is using this program with Windows'XP and if it is possible to use
this program with Windows'XP.

Andy