[guidedogchat] Re: gypsy eating

  • From: "Melanie Akpotu" <melaniemacneill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 00:14:37 -0000

Yes I know, I've got a family myself. When I say disturbed, I do not mean they opened the kitchen door and came in, but perhaps a child tried to interfere with her while she was eating or made a sudden loud noise close by her and scared her.

Mel.

-----Original Message----- From: Brent Franklin
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:06 AM
To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guidedogchat] Re: gypsy eating

Part of the problem is the dog could very well end up disturbed again one
day, perhaps not now but in a years time. Having a family it could happen
any day.

Brent.

From: Melanie Akpotu <melaniemacneill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, February 16, 2014 4:12 am

Coming in late to this thread so apologies if people have already said
this.
I read Steph's original post some days ago on my phone, but not any of
the

I did wonder if anything happened while she was eating her food, which
upset
her?  I have no idea what kind of thing, as all dogs are different, some
more sensitive than others, but for instance, did someone start shouting
about something or making a lot of noise, which she might have
associated
with thinking she was being told off for eating?  It's just a thought.
Or
did any of the children go near her and disturb her?  I am sure Steph is
very sensible about such things, but it seems rather odd with her being
Lab, and also eating fine up till now.  I did have to tell my dog twice
eat his food yesterday, which for him trust me is absolutely a first!!
just don't think he heard me the first time, but that is flabbergasting
in
itself as he sits poised in front of his bowl looking right at me for
the
go
ahead!!

Mel.