[guidedogchat] Re: flea and worm treatments

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 19:56:28 +0200 (CEST)

Another point about lung-worm. Slugs and snails carry lung-worm. I've found Zym
crunching snails in the garden, so I'm glad he gets Advocate. Possibly I could
tackle the snail population with a nematode treatment such as NemaSlug, but so
far, I haven't found anyone selling it. I know online sources are available.

Vince.

Message Received: Oct 05 2014, 04:26 PM
From: "Norman Waddington"
To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guidedogchat] Re: flea and worm treatments

Hi Julia,

These sort of things are changing all the time. My vet informed me that
frontline had more or less had its day. Advocate is difficult to apply
because of the bubes. Plus the fact we can purchase frontline far cheaper
at the local chemist than at the vets surgery so I guess there will be some
displeasure by the vets! Not sure about programme which is given by mouth
if I remember correctly. What's wrong with a good dose of garlic if you
keep your distance from the dog?

Norman.