[guidedogchat] Re: Bed

  • From: "Cathy" <cats.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 18:10:57 -0500

I worked with this dog, and she turned out to be a very good dog. You have to catch the dog to correct the behavior. Like I said, I worked and worked with her and corrected a lot of her bad manners. When I was some where else, I always kept her on leash and in harness. She didn't do this in harness. I have been handling guide dogs for 35 years, and I am a good handler. I loved this dog and so I put the work into her make her a well behaved dog in and out of harness. I blame the puppy raiser. I do not regret having this dog. She was a loving dog. I think some times people give up to soon on a dog, because they want there former guide's behavior. Remember, this is my opinion. Yes, I have had a dog that didn't work out, but I can tell you, I did everything I could make it work. The school finally told me to return to the school and get a different. They know how hard I work to be a good team.

Cathy & Pilot Dog, Tiny: