[guidedogchat] Re: Bed

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 11:30:11 +0100 (CET)

Nadine,

It's an interesting question whether the dog knows its owner can't see, or, in
my case, can't see very well. I really don't know, but I suspect my own dog has
no conception of my being almost sightless. At base, I believe he and I have a
pretty ordinary human-dog relationship. As I can actually see him in most
circumstances, I know he makes a lot of eye contact with me, and that includes
when he's working.

I know someone sighted who swears her dog dodges out of the way in the mornings
until she's got her contacts in, but I wonder whether the dog dodges out of the
way the rest of the time as well. I would, if she was my owner!!

Vince.

Message Received: Feb 28 2014, 11:25 PM
From: "Nadine Lattimore"
To: "guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Subject: [guidedogchat] Re: Bed

Interesting, few replies mentioning stealth dog mode. What do folks
think about the dogs cognition of our level of sight? So in my case
does Quartz know I cant see?
He will flop on the floor round the house and during the night if he
gets too hot he will retreat to cooler wooden floor.

Nadine Lattimore