[guidedogchat] Re: Bed

  • From: "Melanie Akpotu" <melaniemacneill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 02:07:12 -0000

My guide dog would certainly go mad if anyone tried to get in at night. My Poodle would have done at one time but he is very deaf now!! Another reason why I prefer my guide to be downstairs, although as I say, our bedroom door is always open so he is free to come up here. He stopped sleeping up here when I took his cushion downstairs and brought my exercise bike up here instead so there is not really anywhere for him to sleep that is next to me so he prefers his comfortable basket.

Mel.

-----Original Message----- From: Cathy
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 11:30 PM
To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guidedogchat] Re: Bed

No, I went out with my grandson and guide dog to get the mail and to let my
guide dog relieve himself.  When I came back my purse was missing out of my
bedroom.  They came in threw my sliding glass door.  I now put bars along
the bottom of the sliding glass door along with locking it and of course
locking my front door.  I am a cop's daughter, so have always locked my
doors, but sliding glass doors are very easy to get into.  This is why I now
let my boxer guide dog run the house at night.  He doesn't really like
strange men, so I am sure he would go off as soon as a noise would be made
by a stranger.

Cathy & Pilot Dog, Tiny: