[guidebook-project] Re: Welcome to the Guidebook Project!

  • From: "Lauren Merryfield" <lauren1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidebook-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:00:39 -0800

I am Lauren Merryfield from northern California. I am owned by 3 cats and
have one human daughter.

I am interested in this project both as a client and as one with an MSW

When I was young, my depression and other issues went unaddressed. Back in
1983 I had a reaction to reglan and took myself to the hospital where I was
taken off reglan but also diagnosed with mild bipolar disorder. I have been
on meds ever since, thank goodness.

I experienced issues related to mental health professionals not knowing what
to do with a blind person which interfered with the treatment process at the
beginning especially.

I am interested in helping on this project. I am not wanting to do research
but I can help with being interviewed and writing.

I think that mental health professionals need to have a guidebook which is
as required as the dsm4 or 5. Either that, or the info needs to be
incorporated into the next dsm. (diagnostic and statistical manual).

Many blessings,
. To think that I know what's best for anyone else is to be out of my
business. Even in the name of love, it is pure arrogance, and the result is
tension, anxiety, and fear. Do I know what's right for me? That is my only
business. Let me work with that before I try to solve problems for you.
~ Byron Katie from Loving What Is

For my new book go to:
curious about thirty-one? Go to: