[guidebook-project] Re: Welcome to the Guidebook Project!

  • From: Shannon Dyer <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guidebook-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:20:50 -0500

Hi, all.

I'm Shannon, and I'm really excited to be here. I'm glad Jewel came up with
this idea, as I think it can be useful to many people, both clients and

I'm 33, and live in Michigan. 15 years ago, I was hospitalized on an in-patient
unit on two separate occasions. Now, my symptoms are managed with meds. I went
on to get a Master's in clinical social work from the University of Texas at

I have good people skills, and am also good at writing. Unfortunately, the kind
of research that involves sitting at the computer and working with data I've
grabbed from journal articles is not at all appealing to me.

I would be very happy to help with the interviewing process. I'm also happy to
help with the writing once we reach that point.