[guidebook-project] Introducing Myself

  • From: "Marion Gwizdala" <marion.gwizdala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidebook-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 15:00:52 -0500

Dear All,
        Many of you may already know me but may be unaware of other
interests I bring to this project. My name is Marion Gwizdala; I serve as
the president of the National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU), a
strong & proud division of the National Federation of the Blind. As such, I
am interested in offering my expertise on guide dog iddues and the relevant
laws concerning the right of individuals to be accompanied by their guide
dogs while accessing medical and/or mental health services.

        I also bring another perspective to this issue in that I am a mental
health practitioner. I have been in private practice as a Certified
Hypnotherapist for more than 20 years and serve as co-Chair of the Policy &
Law Committee of the Human Services Division of the NFB. My wife, Merry
Schoch, is the president of the division and is in private practice as a
Registered Clinical Social Work Intern. I am also a published author and am
willing to help in the editing of this manual.

        It seems as if we have a lot of great talent working on this
project. I am looking forward to offering my input.

With warm regards,
Marion Gwizdala