[guide.chat] to malcolm

  • From: "Dazzling Darren" <darren.sunjay72@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 20:34:20 +0100

Hi Malcolm,

I'm 43.

Got my first guide dog at 29 but he retired after being bitten by another dog
at 7 and half years. Then waited 6 months for next dog that went lame at 4 and
a half years, then 18th month wait for last dog that died of liver failure at 6
years 2 months.

All have been loving friends and have brought so much love and happiness into
an otherwise rubbish life.

Now all alone again.

I haven't ventured out on my own since Easter as am avoiding any familiar roots
as can't face anyone asking about where is my dog.

I tried to go out last week with my cane but couldn't make it past the front
door without my friend.

Get some sighted help but have lost all independence and motivation to bother.

Best wishes,

Darren.

From: M BOWKER - Email Address: bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 02/07/2012 16:31
Sent To: Guide Chat - Email Address: guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] To
dazzling darren

Hi Darren, I know what you mean about the guide dog situation. I have been
there three times. it feels like you've been grounded. Have your freedom one
day and gone the next. If you live on your own its harder. I hope you don't
have to wait to long for your new dog.

Malcolm.
Hi Carol,

Sorry to disappoint but not much of a life at the moment since my Guide Dog
died in service at Easter aged 6.

I'm waiting for a new dog but that could take ages.

Nothing really exciting this week except phone chats with a couple of mates.

weather bleeding awful so I'm hibernating.

Carry on singing.

love Dazzling Darren. xxx