[guide.chat] the good old days

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 21:26:25 +0100

Hi june senn malcolm and phyllis

Oh yes definetely remember all them there
I used to feel so sorry for the coal man having to carry heavy bag of coal on
there backs

Do you all rememver the tin peice that went up in font of your coal fire?
boy in the 60's wow some times we used to put peice of newspaper up over the
fire always started to burn the newspaper so we had to hurry up and put it out
hahahahahaha
mum had a falk with about three fangs or two on push it in to one peice of
bread to hold over fire for ages just for one peice of toast wow
oh we all argued over the having to get up and make the coal fire in morning
before going to school.
We also had to clean it all up too
my god aren't we so lucky nowdays?
luxery is just so wonderful

my dad and uncle joe loved the old radio gramm with lp's on it.
We used to all danced to music perra como on saturday nights in front of radio
gramm and had the chippie over the road and drinks of beer all laughed and
really enjoyed ourselves mum would give us all a good old sing song when i was
11 years old then just sat in my pajamas stroking my cat treatle she was lovely
cat.
take care

From: JunePorter - Email Address: june.porter9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 21/06/2011 20:38
Sent To: M BOWKER, Guide Chat - Email Address: bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Games
back then

Malcolm, you would, wouldn't you! I can just imagine what you did, but you
should have hidden the goldfish as well, then no-one would have found out who
took the clothes. I too remember the coalman, milkman, breadman, and the
"ragman" as we used to call them. Whenever they were around, my mum would
always ask for things like crockery, and things like that. Sometimes a balloon
would appear. There were always old clothes to give away as there were twelve
of us in our family. I also recall a vegetable van coming round and we referred
to the man as "The spudman". It was a treat on a Friday night when he came
round and Dad used to get all kinds of fruit along with the vegetables. I
vaguely recall a horse and cart coming up the lane in the mornings.
from
June.