[guide.chat] the bath tub test

  • From: "harold kitching" <harold.kitching01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pam camidge" <pam.camidge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 21:50:45 -0000

:Fwd: Bath tub test.
 The Bathtub Test.
During a visit to my  doctor, I asked him about my Dad. I said "How do you
determine whether or not  an older person should be put in a Care Home?"

"Well,"  he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and
a bucket to the person to empty the  bathtub"

"Oh, I understand," I  said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it
is  bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No" he said. "A normal  person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the
 window?"
ARE YOU GOING TO PASS THIS  ON . OR DO YOU WANT THE BED NEXT TO MINE?