[guide.chat] the adventures of Mary Jane episode 5

  • From: "Jenny Mock" <r.mock356@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:18:49 +0100

There was a lot of publicity about Dawn and Sophia their story was on the news
daily and it took the police a week to find them,the man who had picked them up
and taken them to his house was arrested, and when the girls were brought back
to the school it was quite late in the evening and we had gone to bed,the next
morning some of the other girls tried to talk to them to find out what had
happened to them but we were told we were not allowed to speak to them,after a
few days they were sent away to another school and no one saw them again,they
were not the only girls to run away,a group of four girls tried it once and
were caught hiding behind a telephone box,not too far away,
after that there were bars put on all the windows so that no one could try it
again by climbing out of the windows,
We formed quite a lot of friendships with other girls and one day the head girl
Anne had fallen out with her best friend Karen the next thing I knew I was
walking into the art room which was on the top floor so didn't have any bars on
it   as I walked through the door I saw the tail end of Anne going through the
window,she landed down outside the domestic science room and I thought she
would have been really hurt but no she just got up and ran off,needless to say
she was not head girl any longer as they told her that she was not a very good
example to the other girls,
another day the domestic science teacher was teaching us about growing herbs
outside in tubs,she told  Karen to take a glass water jug and go out and water
the herbs as Karen went out she tripped and fell the glass jug broke and her
arm was badly cut and she had to go to hospital for stitches,after that no one
was allowed to walk around with glass water jugs I think they were all replaced
with plastic ones,
We did have some good times as well,we were allowed to have a Halloween  party
and we were given things to eat that were special,and we played games like pass
the parcel and musical chairs and pass the matchbox under the chin,towards the
end of the evening all the lights were turned out and someone who was dressed
up like a witch came in with a torch and we had to guess who it was,we also had
a party at Christmas minus Santa Clause as they didn't go that far, we had a
carol service every year and people from outside were invited to come,we had to
learn all the carols by heart as the hymn books had to be given to the
visitors,I used to sing solo sometimes,which I enjoyed as I have always liked
singing,
but of course we always had to be very careful as the staff would find any
little thing to stop some one from having a good time,we were invited to the
Civil Defence college for their firework display,on the way back I just said oh
my feet are freezing and one of the staff heard me so they told me that because
I complained I would not be able to go to the school fireworks the following
night,they thought that they were punishing me but in fact I  was pleased as I
hated fireworks or anything else that went bang,

watch this space for next episode
kind regards from Jenny Ray and  doggies skype name jenny.mock97