[guide.chat] tea cup

  • From: "harold kitching" <harold.kitching01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:34:18 +0100

:Fwd: The teacup!

I'm a Little  Tea Cup
  There was a couple who took a trip to  England to shop in a beautiful antique
store to  celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary.
  They both  liked antiques and pottery, and especially  teacups.
  Spotting an exceptional cup, they asked  "May we see that?
  We've never seen a cup quite so  beautiful."
  As the lady handed it to them,  suddenly the teacup spoke,
  "You don't understand. I have  not always been a teacup.
     There was a time when I was  just a lump of red clay.
  My  master took me and rolled  me, pounded and patted me over
  and over and I yelled  out, "Don't do that. I don't like it!  Let me alone,"
  but  he only smiled, and gently said, "Not  yet."
  Then  WHAM! I was placed on a spinning wheel and suddenly I
  was made to suit himself and then he put me in the oven.
  I  never felt such heat.
  I yelled and knocked and pounded  at the door. "Help! Get me out of here!"
  I could see him  through the opening and I could read his lips as he  shook
  his head from side to side, "Not yet."
  When  I thought I couldn't bear it another minute, the door opened.
  He carefully took me out and put me on the  shelf,  and I began to cool.
  Oh, that felt so good! "Ah,  this is much better," I  thought.
  But, after I cooled  he picked me up and he brushed and  painted me all over.

  The fumes were horrible. I thought I  would gag.
  "Oh,  please, stop it, stop, I cried."
  He only shook his head  and said, "Not yet."
  Then suddenly he puts me  back in to the oven. Only it was not like the first
one.
  This was twice as hot and I just  knew I would suffocate.
  I begged. I pleaded. I screamed. I  cried. I was  convinced I would never
make it.
  I was ready to give up.
  Just then the door opened and he took me out and again  placed me on the
shelf,
  where I cooled and waited and  waited, wondering, "What's he going to do to
me  next?"
  An hour later he handed me a mirror and  said, "Look at yourself." And I did.
  I said, "That's not  me. That couldn't  be me. It's beautiful. I'm
beautiful!"
  Quietly he spoke: "I want you to  remember.
  I know it hurt   to be rolled and pounded and  patted, but had I just left
you alone,
  you'd have dried  up.
  I know it made you dizzy to spin around on the  wheel, but if I had stopped,
  you would  have crumbled.
  I  know it hurt and it was hot and  disagreeable in the  oven,
  but if I hadn't put you there,  you would have  cracked.
  I know the fumes were bad when I  brushed and  painted you all over,
  but if I hadn't done that, you  never would have hardened.
  You would not have had  any  color in your life.
  If I hadn't put you back in that  second oven, you wouldn't have survived for
long
  because the hardness would not have held.
  Now you are a finished  product.
  Now you are what I had in mind when I first  began  with you."
  The moral of this story is this:
  God knows what He's doing  for each of us.
  He is the  potter, and we are His clay.
  He will mold us and make us  and expose us to just enough
    pressures of just the right  kinds that we may be made into
  a flawless piece of work  to fulfill His good, pleasing and  perfect  will.
  So when life seems hard, and you are being  pounded and
    patted and pushed almost beyond endurance;
  when your world seems to be spinning out of control;
  when you feel like you  are in a fiery furnace of trials;
  when life seems to  "stink", try this.
  Brew a cup  of your favorite tea in your prettiest tea cup,
    sit down  and think on this story and then,
  have a little  talk  with the  Potter.

  May you always have love to share, health to spare and friends that care