[guide.chat] riot 9 mark duggan profile

  • From: "Vanessa" <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GuideChat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:02:39 +0100

Mark Duggan: The man whose shooting by police sparked the Tottenham riots.
Photograph: None/pixel8000
Hardened north  London.  gangster and drug dealer, or loving family man who
would never seek confrontation? Two different portraits were painted of  Mark
Duggan. , the 29-year-old  Tottenham.  man whose death sparked the weekend's
London riots.
Close family members, gathered in their garden in Tottenham amid a pile of
bouquets left in memory of the dead 29-year-old, refused to speak to
journalists, blaming the media for "twisting the truth" and telling "all these
lies" about Duggan. "He was a good man. He was a family man," one relative told
The Guardian.
Duggan's fiancee, Semone Wilson, has admitted Duggan was known to the  police.
and said he had spent some time on remand, but denied he was ever imprisoned.
Mark, whom she had known for 12 years, was "a good Dad" who "idolised his
kids", she said. The couple were hoping to marry soon and move out of Tottenham
to "start a new life together" with their three children, Kemani, aged ten,
Kajaun, seven, and 18-month-old Kahliya. A fourth child, a daughter, was
stillborn.
Speaking to Channel 4 News, Wilson said her partner was not a gangster and
would run from trouble rather than shoot at police. "If he did have a gun -
which I don't know - Mark would run. Mark is a runner. He would run rather than
firing and that's coming from the bottom of my heart," she said. "They are
portraying Mark as a gangster. Mark is not a gangster. He's not known to any
gangsters or any gangs. He's not like that."
A relative, Shaun Hall, told reporters it was "utter rubbish" that Duggan would
ever dream of opening fire on policemen: "My brother's not that sort of
person," he said. "He's not stupid to shoot at the police, that's ridiculous."
But Duggan's Facebook page, under his alias Starrish Mark, pictures him in a
T-shirt bearing the words Star Gang, and reports suggest he may have had links
to that group and allied north London gangs such as the Broadwater Farm Posse
and Tottenham Mandem.
The Voice, Britain's leading black newspaper, has claimed that both Duggan and
his best friend, 23-year-old rapper Kelvin Easton, known as Smegz, "had links
to the Star Gang", one of several criminal groups in north London whose turf
wars have caused at least three deaths over the past few years.
Easton, described by the londonstreetgangs website as an "elder" of a group
collectively called the Farm Mandem, was stabbed to death with a broken
champagne bottle at the Boheme nightclub in Mile End, east London, in March
2011. The murder remains unsolved.
Duggan was born on September 15 1981 and attended St David's and St
Katherine's, now Greig City Academy, in Hornsey. At the time of his death last
Thursday he was under investigation by officers from Trident, the  Metropolitan
police.  unit responsible for gun  crime.  within the black community.
Duggan's Facebook page carries more than a dozen photographs of him and a large
number of messages left by friends. Several shots show him in gangster poses;
in others he is dressed all in black, or shown gesturing from behind the wheel
of a yellow sportscar with headlights blazing. Beneath that photo Duggan posted
the message: "I aint even countin money no more, if it aint right it jus aint
right, it does'nt even matter 2 me no more."
Other unconfirmed reports have alleged he was a known drugs dealer. Some of the
messages posted by friends on his Facebook pages could suggest possible gang
involvement, referring to Duggan variously as a "soldier", a "true star boy"
and a "five star general". One of the messages left among the bouquets outside
Duggan's family home yesterday referred to "Gang N17 Farm", the name of one of
the Star gang's allies.
But others appear full of love, and sorrow. "I love you like cooked food,"
reads one comment; "1 thing they can't take is da love I have 4 u two" says
another, beneath a picture of Duggan and Easton. "R.I.P. da bruddas - gone but
not forgotten," is a common remark, as well as "cant believe this" and "my
heart goes out 2 ur wife&kids n the rest of ur family."
On another memorial website, Easton's mother Julie - who was godmother to
Duggan - left this message: "Mark sweetheart i know that you are in safe hands
now. Kelvin please tell Mark 2 always shine down on [his mother and brothers],
semone and the kids, just like u do for me. im gonna try my very best Kelvin 2
look after them all ... but my god this is so hard. 1st they take my son away
from me and now they have taken my god son who is also my sons best friend.
r.i.p Mark darling may god bless u and Kelvin and keep u both safe. now ive
lost 2 sons. please no more i beg u r.i.p my sons."

Vanessa the Google Girl
My Skype name is rainbowstar123