[guide.chat] rest in peace caleb four year old who fell sixty feet from window

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 09:06:48 -0000

First picture of four-year-old boy who died after 60ft fall from a third floor
window in a block of flats
Caleb Wallace fell from a building in Pollokshields, Glasgow, yesterday
Rushed to hospital but police said he died a short time after arriving
Strathclyde Police have launched an investigation into cause of the fall

Four-year-old Caleb Wallace, who died after falling from the window of a block
of flats in Pollokshields, Glasgow
A four-year-old boy who died after falling from the top-floor window of a block
of flats has been named as Caleb Wallace, police said.
Caleb plunged from the third floor of a building in Pollokshields, Glasgow, at
about 10.20am yesterday.
He was rushed to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Yorkhill but
Strathclyde Police said he died a short time after arriving.
Neighbour Alan McCann, 44, spoke of the horrifying moment he discovered the boy
lying on the ground having fallen from the top-floor window.
He said: 'I was walking nearby and I heard one of my neighbours, who saw it
happen, screaming. I ran round to the front of the building and I saw the wee
man lying there.
'I put him in the recovery position and phoned the ambulance straight away. I
waited with the boy for ten minutes.
'I was rubbing his hands and his ears but he was in a bad way. I put a blanket
over him. The paramedics were talking to me on the phone and told me to check
his breathing but I didn't want to touch his wee body.
'My neighbour, is too upset to speak. I can't get it out of my head now. It's a
tragic day. God bless him. He was only four years old. It's absolutely tragic.'
Karen Cowan, 52, who lives across the street from the block of flats, said
yesterday: 'I heard about it this morning.
'I see his mum walking to the shops now and again. I can't imagine what she is
going through. It's shocking.'
Another neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said: 'He had no chance
falling from the top floor. It's terrible.

Tragic: The child plunged from the third floor of a building in Pollokshields,
Glasgow, at about 10.20am

Police officers and a forensic team where seen examining a window at the block
of flats in Glasgow

Residents near the block of flats in Pollokshields spoke of their shock at the
child's death
'A few years ago another wee boy fell out of a window in the same block but
around the back. He pulled through but he only fell from the second floor.'
Strathclyde police is investigating the incident, which happened in St Andrew's
Drive. A report will be sent to the procurator fiscal.
Speaking yesterday, Norman MacLeod, SNP councillor for the Pollokshields ward,
said: 'This is distressing news of a young boy in my ward, of only four years
of age, having lost his life this morning, apparently after falling from a
window.

'Clearly the proper authorities will require to undertake a full investigation
into all the circumstances surrounding this incident but, in the meantime, I
hasten to extend my most profound and heartfelt sympathy and condolences to the
family, friends and relatives of the youngster whose life so tragically has
been lost.
'They all will be in my prayers at this most sad time.'

Open window: An open window, through which the boy is believed to have fallen,
can clearly be seen from the street below

Scottish Conservative councillor for the area, David Meikle, said: 'I'm shocked
and saddened to hear about the tragic death of a young boy falling from a block
of flats in Pollokshields.
'My thoughts go out to the family who have lost a child.
'There needs to be a full investigation into this incident so we can get to the
bottom of what happened and ensure nothing like this happens again.'

The comments below have been moderated in advance.
I don't understand why councils put young families in flats. R.I.P wee one.
- Trisha L , NEWCASTLETON, United Kingdom, 09/3/2013 14:23
Click to rate     Rating   195 Report abuse
RIP x
- mumof3 , Bromley, 09/3/2013 14:12
Click to rate     Rating   115 Report abuse
As a private Landlord I have to fit window restrictors to all, 1st floor and
above, windows, regardless of whether children live there. Councils have this
rule for the private rented sector, but none for themselves! Rip little one x
- jayne , Swansea, United Kingdom, 09/3/2013 12:31
Click to rate     Rating   343 Report abuse
The windows in these places are never made safe enough i know accidents happen
but the young families they put up on those high block of flats and these very
young children at windows scary.
- jessie , london, 09/3/2013 10:33
Click to rate     Rating   128 Report abuse
RI P to a little boy who should not of lost his life . Why do the windows open
anyway . Security Screens an dchild proof locks are the best invention for
windows to protect the young and prevent such a tragic loss of life
- Ann , Perth Australia, 09/3/2013 06:33
Click to rate     Rating   93 Report abuse
RIP little one. This happens alot here also. I think by law there should be
screwed in fly screens to prevent this from happening
- CypKitty , Sydney, Australia, 09/3/2013 06:16
Click to rate     Rating   75 Report abuse
So tragic. Those windows need replacing immediately, they are not safe.
Unfortunately it is too late for this little boy but could maybe prevent this
happening a third time.
- coldwater , London, United Kingdom, 09/3/2013 06:07
Click to rate     Rating   78 Report abuse
Absolute tragedy, but who the hell designed windows that open out at the
bottom. The young boy probably pushed against it and toppled out. Rip the
things out of every high rise in the country, they are a death trap.
- markpool , Blackpool, United Kingdom, 09/3/2013 04:34
Click to rate     Rating   86 Report abuse
A tragedy that will be repeated again. So sad. Then again where I live flats
and houses full of kids having kids because they know it is a way into the
housing/benefits system. No money left for the genuine.
- seen it before , wales, United Kingdom, 09/3/2013 02:16
Click to rate     Rating   46 Report abuse
Heartbreaking, this poor family has lost there sparkle and angel has got a new
star tonight, shine bright little one,RIP

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123