[guide.chat] { received with many thanks to the birthday girl Si Watson who's birthday it is on Wednesday 16th November ,many happy returns Si }:Fwd: The times!

  • From: Keith Wines <muckyduck2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 23:56:26 -0000

:Fwd: The times!

 the times

The times, they're always changing, but then so is the wisdom that
parents impart to their children. Here are some modern takes on
old standards:

Then: No TV until your homework is finished.
Now:  No Web surfing until your homework is finished.

Then: That phone is going to become attached to your ear.
Now:  If you can't reach me at the office, try the gym. Or there's
       always my cellphone.

Then: Eat everything on your plate.
Now:  Watch your fat intake. There's heart disease in our family.

Then: I worked my fingers to the bone for you.
Now:  I worked my bones into carpal tunnel syndrome for you.

Then: Do you think I'm made of money?
Now:  Do you think I'm made of money?
And...Office nurse to doctor:
Then:  Doctor, Mrs. Jones called and needs you to make a house
        call.
Now:   Doctor, Mrs. Jones called and wants to know if you'll make
        a house call, whatever that is.

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by DAVE