[guide.chat] prince harry naked with topless girls

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 01:20:53 +0100

Naked photos of prince cause media uproar
By Gerry Loughran  (email the author)
Posted  Sunday, September 2  2012 at  01:00
Most ladies would guess that Henry Charles Albert David Wales, aged 27, a
British army officer better known as Prince Harry, was a well set-up young man.
Last week they had their chance to confirm it when photos of the naked prince
appeared all over the internet, and eventually in a British tabloid.

The resultant furore combined all the elements of the sort of top-level scandal
the British love: outrage and indignation (genuine and synthetic), cynicism,
laughter, derision and multi-level hypocrisy.

The prince, known for his mischievous and fun-loving character, was in Las
Vegas on leave from his duties as a lieutenant in the Household Cavalry, when
he attended a party playing what is known as strip billiards, a frolic which
involves the participants in losing all or most of their clothing.
An unidentified woman party-goer used her mobile phone to take two shots of the
prince, which she sold to an American celebrity TV channel. One photo showed
Harry with a topless woman behind him, the other apparently bear-hugging a
naked woman. The prince is laughing and there is no evidence of sex play.

A statement from St. James? Palace said Harry ?was letting off steam in
California before returning to his public duties.? Within hours, the photos
were being published worldwide and viewed repeatedly in cyberspace. But in
Britain, the print media were cautious. Newspapers here have been circumspect
about their behaviour following public hearings by the Leveson inquiry.

This body was set up to investigate the ethics and practices of the Press
stemming from a widespread phone-hacking scandal which resulted in criminal
charges against several senior journalists and which led to Rupert Murdoch
closing his Sunday paper, the News of the World.
Although the News of the World was the most widely involved in this activity,
reporters from a number of media outlets disseminated intimate stories about
the lives of celebrities ? singers, actors, politicians -- after hacking into
their mobile phones and listening to and reading messages.

Lord Justice Leveson is currently preparing his recommendations for future
conduct of news organs. Editors, fearful of draconian restrictions, have
recently displayed unusual discretion in the reporting of personal stories.

However on August 17, the front page of the Sun, Britain?s top selling daily
tabloid, printed a photo of the prince, declaring: ?Pic of naked Harry you?ve
already seen on the internet.? Managing editor David Dinsmore said it would
have been ?perverse? not to publish photos ?which are now in the public domain
in every country in the world.?

He also argued there was a public interest element in publishing the photos, a
contention that was derided by the Sun?s competitors, one of whom said, ?Once
you know what Harry has done, is there anything added in terms of public
interest by actually seeing the pictures??

Most papers said they declined to publish because the photos breached the
prince?s privacy.
The institution set up in Britain to guide the media is the Press Complaints
Commission, which, it has long been argued by critics of Press behaviour, is
toothless and lacks powers to sanction or restrain culprits.

It is the possibility that Lord Leveson will recommend draconian powers for the
Commission that makes most newspapers nervous. After the Sun published the
prince?s photos, the Commission announced that it had received more than 850
complaints from the public, though none had come from Prince Harry or from
Queen Elizabeth.

* * * * *
Last week, this column raved against the pressures of retail trading in
Britain, where we go shopping for ?improved? versions of perfectly acceptable
items, for goods which we used to make or grow ourselves, and for articles we
don?t really need anyway. Zephania writes that it?s much the same in Kenya,
where he blames aggressive marketing and that form of consumer aspiration known
as ?keeping up with the Joneses.?

The trouble is that in seeking for superior status, people abandon the good
things of the past without ever reaching their targeted social level. Says
Zephania: ?Go to a supermarket in Nairobi and note who pushes the trolley full
of fast foods and junk foods, accompanied by an obese toddler or teenager. They
are not from the upper class. They are the pretenders to the throne.?
The customer is no longer king, the marketer is king. The customer no longer
knows what he wants, the marketer tells him.

* * * * *

Mike goes to his pastor and says, ?Reverend, you have to help me. I?m sure my
wife is trying to feed me poison in my soup.? ?No, no,? says the priest, ?you
must be mistaken. Tell you what, I?ll go round to your house and speak to her.?
A long time later, the reverend returns. ?Michael,? he says, ?I have just spent
four hours in your wife?s company and I think you are right ? she is trying to
poison you.? ?But what can I do, Father??
Said the priest, ?Michael, drink the soup!?

Mr Loughran is a UK-based correspondent.
gerryo69@xxxxxxxxxxx

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123