[guide.chat]

  • From: "harold kitching" <harold.kitching01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:42:26 +0100

: Fw: FW: A story about Paintings

Hi, there are some pictures near the end but you can read passed them.

                                The SON
                                This is great. Take a moment to read it; it
will make your day!

                                The ending will surprise you.

                                Take my Son

                                A wealthy man and his son loved to collect rare
works of art. They had everything in their collection, from Picasso to Raphael.
They would often sit together and admire the great works of art.

                                When the Vietnam conflict broke out, the son
went to war. He was very courageous and died in battle while rescuing another
soldier. The father was notified and grieved deeply for his only son.

                                About a month later, just before Christmas,

                                there was a knock at the door. A young man
stood at the door with a large package in his hands.

                                He said, 'Sir, you don't know me, but I am the
soldier for whom your son gave his life. He saved many lives that day, and he
was carrying me to safety when a bullet struck him in the heart and he died
instantly. He often talked about you, and your love for art.' The young man
held out this package. 'I know this isn't much. I'm not really a great artist,
but I think your son would have wanted you to have this.'

                                The father

                                opened the package. It was a portrait of his
son, painted by the young man. He stared in awe at the way the soldier had
captured the personality of his son in the painting. The father was so drawn to
the eyes that his own eyes welled up with tears. He thanked the young man and
offered to pay him for the picture. 'Oh, no sir, I could never repay what your
son did for me. It's a gift.'

                                The father hung the portrait over his mantle.
Every time visitors came to his home he took them to see the portrait of his
son before he showed them any of the other great works he had collected.

                                The man died a few months later. There was to
be a great auction of his paintings. Many influential people gathered, excited
over seeing the great paintings and having an opportunity to purchase one for
their collection.

                                On the platform sat the painting of the son.
The auctioneer pounded his gavel. 'We will start the bidding with this picture
of the son. Who will bid for this picture?'

                                There was silence.

                                Then a voice in the back of the room shouted,
'We want to see the famous paintings. Skip this one.'

                                But the auctioneer persisted. 'Will somebody
bid for this painting? Who will start the bidding? $100, $200?'

                                Another voice angrily. 'We didn't come to see
this painting. We came to see the Van Gogh's, the Rembrandts. Get on with the

                                real bids!'

                                But still the auctioneer continued. 'The son!
The son! Who'll take the son?'

                                Finally, a voice came from the very back of the
room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. 'I'll give $10 for
the painting..' Being a poor man, it was all he could afford.

                                'We have $10, who will bid $20?'

                                'Give it to him for $10. Let's see the masters.'

                                The crowd was becoming angry.. They didn't want
the picture of the son.

                                They wanted the more worthy investments for
their collections.

                                The auctioneer pounded the gavel. 'Going once,
twice, SOLD for $10!'

                                A man sitting on the second row shouted, 'Now
let's get on with the collection!'

                                The auctioneer laid down his gavel. 'I'm sorry,
the auction is over.'

                                'What about the paintings?'

                                'I am sorry. When I was called to conduct this
auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will. I was not allowed to
reveal that stipulation until this time. Only the painting of the son would be
auctioned. Whoever bought that painting would inherit the entire estate,
including the paintings.

                                The man who took the son gets everything!'

                                God gave His son 2,000 years ago to die on the
cross. Much like the auctioneer, His message today is: 'The son, the son,
who'll take the son?'

                                Because, you see, whoever takes the Son gets
everything.

                                FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY
BEGOTTEN SON, WHO SO EVER BELIEVETH, SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE...THAT'S LOVE

                                Please send this to ten people and back to the
one who sent it to you.

                                Do whatever you like, but remember that maybe
'one' of the people you might have taken the time to send this to, may be just
the person who needs to hear this message. You have a choice to make.'

                                God Bless.
                                If I don't get this back, I will know you
really didn't read it. I got this from someone and thought the last part was
really a good thought.

                                Too bad that the person who sent it to me did
not know 10 people who would admit to knowing the Lord.

                                Do You Love Him?

                                The Poem
                                I knelt to pray but not for long,
                                I had too much to do.
                                I had to hurry and get to work
                                For bills would soon be due.
                                So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
                                And jumped up off my knees.
                                My Christian duty was now done
                                My soul could rest at ease.....
                                All day long I had no time
                                To spread a word of cheer
                                No time to speak of Christ to friends,
                                They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
                                No time, no time, too much to do,
                                That was my constant cry,
                                No time to give to souls in need
                                But at last the time, the time to die
                                I went before the Lord,
                                I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
                                For in his hands God! held a book;
                                It was the book of life.
                                God looked into his book and said
                                'Your name I cannot find
                                I once was going to write it down...
                                But never found the time'
                                Now do you have the time to pass it on?
                                If you look at what you do not have in life,
you don't have anything, If you look at what you have in life, you have
everything.

                                Thomas Kinkade Paintings
                                (hope the water is moving!!)
                                Hope the water flows when you get the picture

                                READ THE FIRST LINE CAREFULLY. ..
                                If God brings you to it, He will bring you
through it.
                                Happy moments, praise God.
                                Difficult moments, seek God.
                                Quiet moments, worship God.
                                Painful moments, trust God.
                                Every moment, thank God.
                                This is a Thomas Kinkade painting. It's rumored
to carry a miracle!
                                The water is supposed to be running, so if it's
not moving then the picture
                                Didn't come through entirely.
                                They say if you pass this on, you will receive
a miracle.  I am passing this on because I thought it was really pretty, and
who couldn't use a miracle?!

05/25/09 08:16:00
05/30/09 17:53:00

05:53:00