[guide.chat]

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:25:49 +0100

Yet another one.

Page 1. December, 97 The Electronic Loo.

After a weekend break at Llandudno. My friend and I went to the train station
to get our train home. We had arrived an hour to early. We asked the dogs to
find a seat, which they did. After a few minutes a porter asked us if we needed
any assistance. I told him that we were going to Manchester. He said that the
train was alreedy in and that he would put us on it as it would be better than
sitting in the cold for an hour. He picked up our cases and we followed him
onto the train.

After we had sorted the dogs out and got ourselves seated, the porter asked if
we had seen the new electronic loos. We both said that we hadn't. We decided
that he would show me first, as I still had a little sight. He spent ten
minutes showing me and then took me back to my seat. We thanked him for all his
help, then he wished us a pleasant journey and left. Then I suggested to my
friend that I show her how the loo operated. As I was showing her she found it
confusing because the buttons were all flush to the wall. Feeling round the
back wall there are two red pull handles on each side of the loo with a notice
saying. "Pull only in an emergency". As she felt one of these, she said."Oh, is
this the flush handle". Before I could say don't, she had pulled it and all the
lights went out on the train. I grabbed her arm and told her to come and sit
down quick, and say nothing.

Twenty minutes later and five minutes before we were due to go out, half a
dozen men were running up and down the train trying to work out why the lights
had gone and the breaks were jammed on full. We sat there looking as puzzled as
they were. The train left twenty minutes late. The journey went well until we
got to Victoria station.

As we approached the station we started getting the dogs harnesses on. When my
friend came to get her harness she couldn't find it. The train pulled into the
station and came to a halt. The guard came to help us off the train, but to his
suprize, she said that she could not get off with out the harness. We had the
train upside down and inside out for the next ten minutes then the guard said
that we would have to get off as they were running thirty minutes late now.

On our way out off the station we called at the office and reported that the
harness was missing. They said that they would ring Llandudno station and see
if the harness was there. Sure enough, there it was, on the railway line.
Instead of putting the harness on the luggage rack, she had put it through the
window. There is always a happy ending. She got the harness back the next day.

Malcolm Bowker.

Page 2. December, 97 The Electronic Loo.

[...]

love Malcolm. xxxx.

Hyde, Cheshire,

skype name,

malcolmbo1