[guide.chat] my hero is richard

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 01:51:45 -0000

'We want an equitable and peaceful world': Sir Richard Branson to give away
half his fortune to charity

He has joined a group of billionaires who have pledged to donate half their
amassed wealth to try to make the world a better place

Philanthropist: Sir Richard Branson
Tycoon Sir Richard Branson is to give half his fortune away to charity.

He has joined a group of billionaires who have pledged to donate half their
amassed wealth to try to make the world a better place.

The Virgin Media boss and his wife Joan, have joined Microsoft founder Bill
Gates - said to be worth over $62 billion - and U.S. investor Warren Buffet,
who trails in with $55 billion, as part of the Giving Pledge.

Sir Richard and his wife - worth an estimated £3 billion - said in their pledge
letter they wanted to use cash from their Virgin empire to create a "healthy,
equitable and peaceful world for future generations to enjoy."

Sir Richard, the UK's 4th richest man, said:"'Stuff' really is not what brings
happiness.

"Family, friends, good health and the satisfaction that comes from making a
positive difference are what really matters.

"Happily our children, who will be our principal heirs, agree with me on this.

"As and when we take monies out of the Virgin Group of companies the majority
of it will be invested in entrepreneurial approaches to help make a difference
in the world."

The Giving Pledge was started three years ago by Mr Gates, his wife Melinda and
Mr Buffett and within just a few months they had encouraged more than 30 other
U.S. billionaires to get no board.

Sir Richard said he and his wife realised personal stuff "didn't really matter"
in the early days of their marriage.

"Joan and I lived on a houseboat and one day it sank. We realised we missed
nothing except our treasured photos albums.

"Later on our house in London caught fire, destroying everything inside.

"Last year our home in the British Virgin Islands was completely gutted after
it was hit by a lightning strike.

"We were so relieved everyone got out safely that even the loss of photo albums
and notebooks were of little consequence."

Sir Richard added: "We started by trying to give a voice to the young people of
the 1960s and hope our Giving Pledge will help many generations to come."

Other British signatories to the pledge include mobile phone entrepreneurs John
Caudwell and Dr Mo Ibrahim, hedge fund manager Christopher Hohn and Labour peer
David Sainsbury, former chair of the supermarket chain.
from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123