[guide.chat] my cupboard of tins avalanched on my carer

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:24:57 +0100

on friday went to doctors, we came home and i was by my work surface of my
kitchen, when out of wheelchair i have to lean on the work surface until i have
some life back in knees down, the fastest time there is half and longest time
was  ten at night staying by work surface, i asked her for a box of tissues
from the top wall cupboard, all of a sudden there was a huge crashing of tins,
leg it i shouted, i can't the cupboard will fall she shouts, let it fall, stuff
the cupboard i said, the tins avalanched on my carer, i pressed my life line
and paramedics and ambulance came, i told her also to phone her boss, she was
crying, she said she could hardly breathe and it was hurting and her face was
swelling up like a balloon, her boss came and phoned and got someone else to
cover her calls, kept phoning social services numbers, no one answered not even
the first contact team answered, i told her before she started phoning them
they would not answer, there is only ever answering machines on, if you phoned
my occupational therapist her answering machine keeps saying i am away on
annual leave i will be back august twenty nine and that is even now today
eighteen september it is still saying same message, she phoned my daughter and
said she was coming here, that was at two fifty two, they went and left my
patio door open so she could get in easily, my watch did an hourly report it
said five p m and i am still stuck by work surface probably from shock as i was
cold, i could not put heating on as switch to far away as too was the
telephone, still no daughter so i pressed life line and asked if she could
phone my daughter for me, life line people could not hear me properly, i had to
repeatedly say it and life line is in same room, if i have accident in other
rooms like bedroom or bathroom i have no chance of them hearing me, a while
later two ladies came from life line, they thought carer fell in cupboard, i
said no it fell on her, they said they can see that, they told me it was still
dangling on the wall by one small screw and there was tins everywhere, they put
me back in the wheelchair and wheeled me to my electric laying down arm chair,
they phoned my daughter who said she was told my cupboard fell down and did not
know it was urgent, i said to tell her i would pay her taxi, they left and a
long time later my daughter came, she took photos with her mobile phone, but
later on my grandson ran off with her phone and put it down the toilet, she put
a towel on the radiator and the phone on the towel to dry, she picked up the
tins and put them in the bottom cupboard, now i cannot reach them and anyways
could not open them as still looking for one handed tin opener, aids place told
me they have an electric one handed tin opener, i told my living co ordinater
what the aids stores said and she will not get it for me, she said she has her
own catalogue that she looks at for items, i also sent her the websites and
telephone number off your social workers in england for clamps and tin openers,
anyways i phoned monday and tuesday to see how carer is, she was in hospital
and had c t scan in the drum, nothing broken, but has very bad bruising from
the avalanch of tins, social worker phoned yesterday and said she had email
from carers boss, i told her everything that happened, she listens and then
says she has to go she is busy, you know inside that you have to do something
so i phoned my m p who does a proffessional job and immediately got hold of the
boss of repairs and they were here to do the cupboard instantly, he took
cupboard down and was going to put it exactly same way back on a wall that has
no bricks or wood behind the plaster board, i said your not putting it back
like that it will fall again and if it does i will hold you responsible, so he
put it in my bedroom on the table where it is at present moment, even though
the cupboard is down i am frightened to go by where it was, i have some kind of
illness that i do not know which brings fears into my head, if something bad
happens i avoid with my life, like a paranoia, i am petrified of things like if
water is running i get scared because of the flood from my other house, where
as before i got ill i had so much confidence, where did it go my confidence,
our friend malcolm who helps us all on forum, his shelves of tins fell and his
life line people stayed with him until the shelves were put back up and the
tins back in place on the same day, mine happened friday it is now wednesday 19
september i just pressed f ten on computer for it to tell me the date and no
cupboard up which common sense and logic for a plaster board divider should be
a floor to ceiling long pantry larder type cupboard in the space, but cut backs
will not allow or will it, say prayer for my carer she is still off work, she
is good girl.

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123