[guide.chat] languages

  • From: "vanessa pugh" <shannon17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:56:43 +0100

thanks for your message Sarah, between us Steve, myself and the family we can
speak 5 different languages, French,German, Spanish, Welsh and of course
English, as I have already said we are teaching welsh to the grandkids, all the
other languages have been learned at school over the years,  we make the little
ones read to us as we can't read them stories, they love that we pay them
attention and help with spelling words and often play word games with them, not
on the computer but the old fashioned way of paper and pencil, we also do
maths, they are fascinated that I can do mental maths, it makes them realise
that even though we can't see that we can still use our brains, also they feel
very grown up when they help with cooking and have learned to do sighted guide
work when we take them out for trips, even the 5 year old holds my hand so that
I don't get lost, we turn everything into a game so that they don't feel that
we are a pain and they feel so grown up when they tell friends and teachers at
school, we are so lucky to have them, ta ta for now,  V,S and woof from Scott