[guide.chat] good and bad

  • From: "Vanessa" <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GuideChat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:20:17 +0100

I have been not well, I thought I had that e-coli, doctor came did tests came
back normal, after a while I felt a bit better, then same symptons happened
again, doctor came then wanted up the surgery yesterday as they have necessary
equipment tools, what tools, that is why I worried in last email, I never
slept, kept thinking scapulas, knives, drills etcetera.
Carer came and dressed me, then went with  living co-ordinator to doctors.
They helped me stand out of wheelchair by the bed in the doctor's room and we
all tried to lay me on the bed, I am 5 foot 6 inches tall, I have 35 inch
inside legs and short body, which makes my legs extra long to my body length,
the bed height was just above my hips, they have a step there for everyone, but
in my case I cannot step up a kerb, I cannot bend, when at home to get in my
bed I judge where my pillows and bed is and flop down onto it.
I asked the doctor if there was any other beds that were lower in the surgery,
the doctor said they were all the same, who in the world chooses these items, I
could give you a huge list of items and systems etcetera that are not right.
Anyways I am now having to wait for a letter for the hospital.
Came home and went to bed exhausted, then got up for the arrival of my grand
children about 4 o'clock.
We had a birthday party for my grand daughter 2 today, same day as Phyllis,
they opened their presents, my daughter put the wheels on the pram and
batteries in the boys toys and set up the rest.
Lots of food, lots of mess and lots of noise.
I do not need to go into detail of food, jellies, chocolate cake, ice lollies
strawberries and cream etcetera, I had some jelly as my appetite is not good,
sang happy birthday, everyone blew her candles out.
My neighbour came and I introduced her to my family and I gave her cakes to
take with her  when she went home.
My little brood went home about 7 o'clock and I went to bed as soon as they
went, I was in pain and shattered.
Got up did my physio exercises to prevent me seizing up and hopefully will be
able to hop skip and jump in puddles or the deep blue sea, read some emails and
skype, went to bed, exercises, read a few more emails, back to bed  and writing
this to you, it is 8 o'clock.
Good news is I have a new temporary social worker and she is giving me my carer
to take me out once a week to the local shops, I do not know what shops are
there altogether, but I do know there is Gregs, Co-op, chemist and the rest I
will soon find out, just hope the weather will be good, so everyone shout hip
hip hooray, I have been in 4 walls a long time unless taken to doctors or
hospital, not the same though as going out somewhere for a break is it.
I wrote on the 10 Downing Street web site, I sent emails to all the M Ps,
councillors, social services and all the government people I could think of and
said that it is not right for the old and disabled to be in twenty four seven
every day of every year waiting to die, because reality thats all it is eat and
sleep, I am lucky I have computer, but my heart cries for all the poor dabs
that have nothing but 4 walls all day and every day, some have cafetas, some
have accidents and have to stay like that until carer comes and if it is not on
the carers rota to do, it is left as it is. There is no disabled centre here, I
phoned and emailed houses of parliament, they said it is up to the welsh
assembly, so I contacted welsh assembly who said they give money to social
services for disabled services and that I should make a complaint to the
dictorate of social services to complain about the lack of a disabled centre,
so I contacted the dictorate of social services and told them I wanted to put a
complaint in for myself and everyone else for having no disabled centre, they
refused my complaint saying they would talk to my social worker first, that was
ages ago now.
There are over seventy five thousand on the waiting list for a wheelchair in
south wales, when a child is being measured for the wheelchair it has taken so
long that when the wheelchair arrives the child has grown to big for it and has
to wait again.
I fought hard to get mine through constant phoning and writing emails to
various officials.
Busses still have steps and there is no taxi vouchers here, so count yourselves
very lucky if you go out and have people who care for you as a human being
should be cared for, giving  dignity and care with pride of the work they do,
instead of cut backs and rushed unfinished shabby work.
Praise and credit to the good caring patient workers who go that little mile
further to help those less fortunate than themselves, amen.

Vanessa the Google girl.
Skype name. RainbowStar123