[guide.chat] episode 32 the adventures of Mary Jane

  • From: "Jenny Mock" <r.mock356@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 18:19:54 +0100

The day came when  Ian came to see me with La la and we went for a walk, she
seemed ok but I didn't get chance to make proper contact with her at the
matching visit Ian was sat with her at one side of the room and I was at the
other, anyway he decided she would be ok for me and went away and told me that
the class would be in about three weeks, when I got to Cliffden to train with
her I was given an awful bedroom it had a double bed in it and that left very
little room to move around, I had to put the dog bed between the bed and the
wall on the side I wasn't sleeping, there was no room for her drinking bowl and
I kept kicking it when I went to the drawer, Ian thought that I was going to
walk up and down a spiral staircase every time I had to go down stairs, I told
him in no uncertain terms that I would do no such thing and would use the lift,
we did a lot of walks in Dawlish and being as it was November the weather was
not very good either, all through the training La la was sluggish and not
willing, but of course I had to give her a chance, when I got home I had
contact with the brood bitch holder and she came to see us once, she is a very
nice lady and told me that her puppies were bred for dogs for the disabled and
because guide dogs used one of their stud dogs to sire the litter they took two
puppies from the litter to train as guide dogs,
of course when guide dogs decided to call it a day with La la they re-homed her
with a lady who had some disabilities herself and she taught  La la to do all
kinds of things to help her, I heard that she was really happy and thought it
was a good game learning all these things,

watch this space for next episode,
kind regards from Jenny Ray and  doggies skype name jenny.mock97