[guide.chat] episode 29 the adventures of Mary Jane

  • From: "Jenny Mock" <r.mock356@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 18:26:29 +0100

When I got home with Stokes I had to keep putting him on his lead as he was
still running round me in circles  and would not let me get near him so when I
managed to get hold of him I had to put the lead on until he calmed down, the
trainer came on the Monday Morning as I had not finished my training, the day
before she came Stokes stole a ball of string it was only a small one but it
could have done a lot of damage, I tried to get him to come to me but instead
of doing that he swallowed it of course I was a bit worried but when the
trainer came and he did his toilet she said there was quite a lot of string in
it so of course I was quite relieved  to say the least, another morning he
stole one of my soft dogs and took it out into the garden again he would not
come back to me and took it into the trees, the trainer arrived and heard me
calling him and when she came into the back garden he came right up to her and
dropped the soft toy right at her feet of course it was covered in mud so I had
to wait until the mud was dry then give it a good brushing at least the mud
came out but if I had been living where I do now it would have been a different
story as the mud here is red and dies everything,
going back to when Ellis had to be retired I had just had a retina repair
operation done and when I went to see the surgeon he told me that I had a
scratch on the cornea  the trouble was it would not heal and just got bigger,
after a few months of trying everything the surgeon said there was nothing for
it but to seal my eye closed, I had to go into hospital for a few hours where
they put me out and then made a raw edge on both top and bottom lids then
stitched  them both together, they also put little orange grommets  along with
the stitches to support them,after a couple of weeks the stitches were removed
and my eye was sealed, they left it like that for about three months then they
cut the lids open again with a pair of scissors of course they deadened  it
first so I could not feel what they were doing, the surgeon told me that it
didn't look much better but he would leave it for a while to see what happened
with it, after about a week I had a call from guide dogs to tell me that they
had a dog they wanted to bring out to me, they came with Oakley and I explained
what was happening with my eye as I was told I may have to have it re sealed
again, after the walk with Oakley we decided he would be a good dog for me,a
couple of days later sure enough I had my eye sealed again and just had the
stitches out in time to go on class,

watch this space for next episode,
kind regards from Jenny Ray and  doggies skype name jenny.mock97