[guide.chat] b b c appologises to queen

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 20:50:53 +0100

The Queen became embroiled in a rare political row today as it was revealed
that she had previously commented to a Cabinet Minister about the case of Abu
Hamza as European judges finally paved the way for his extradition to the
United States.

The BBC was forced to apologise for a breach of confidence after it revealed
that the monarch had voiced concerns about the UK's inability to arrest Hamza
to a former Home Secretary.

While Buckingham Palace remained studiously silent on the issue, republicans
called for the Queen to stop ?interfering? in controversial issues to ?court
public opinion?.

Details of her comments emerged as it was revealed that the radical cleric, who
has been fighting extradition for almost a decade, and four other terror
suspects could be sent to America within days after the European Court of Human
Rights threw out their request for an appeal to the Grand Chamber.

Discussing the issue on Radio 4's Today programme, BBC security correspondent
Frank Gardner said: ?This is a conversation we had a little while ago and she
(Queen) did say that she had mentioned to - I don't know which Home Secretary
it was at the time - that was there not some law he had broken?

?I wouldn't say she was necessarily lobbying, that's not for me to say, but
like anybody she was upset that her country and her subjects had been
denigrated by this man who was using this country as a platform for his very
violent, hateful views.?

The revelation immediately elicited an angry response from Republic, a pressure
group which lobbies for the abolition of the monarchy.

Spokesman Graham Smith accused the royal of ?meddling in the political
process?, adding: ?We're told the Queen is above politics and never gets
involved, yet she has apparently admitted that she has interfered in a
controversial issue.

?Usually the royals are very secretive about their involvement in politics, yet
when there's an opportunity to court public opinion the Queen makes her views
known.?

 A BBC spokesman swiftly apologised for revealing details of a private
conversation from several years ago: ?The conversation should have remained
private and the BBC and Frank deeply regret this breach of confidence. It was
wholly inappropriate. Frank is extremely sorry for the embarrassment caused and
has apologised to the Palace.?

The Home Office said Hamza, who has been fighting extradition since his arrest
in 2004, as well as Babar Ahmad, with Seyla Talha Ahsan, Adel Abdul Bary and
Khaled Al-Fawwaz, would be ?handed over to the US authorities as quickly as
possible? though arrangements could take three weeks.

The Strasbourg-based court ruled on 10 April that ?detention conditions and
length of sentences of five alleged terrorists would not amount to
ill-treatment if they were extradited to the USA? or breach their human rights

While the decision to refuse the men, who have all been indicted on terrorism
charges in America, appeal to the Grand Chamber was welcomed and will
undoubtedly improve fraught relations between the UK and the European Court, it
raised fears of a green light to extradite other suspects to the US.

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123