[guide.chat] Re: Who's your daddy for SI

  • From: "David L. Bailey" <baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:39:40 -0400

 HI Si,

This is unfortunately true if many of our states here.  It royally irks me
that a young woman who is pregnant and unwed can apply for benefits and say
"I don't know who the father is" and immediately be eligible for social
service payments, Medicaid, and additional help with foods.  Especially when
our government is talking about delaying social security payments because of
budget,  Also, when I went blind and started receiving disability, I had to
wait two years for my Medicare (government medical Insurance to start.  But
let some hot little teenager get pregnant and she gets immediate aid.  I
don't pretend to have been a saint as a teen, but I was ready to shoulder my
responsibility if it emerged 9 months later.  I thank God this never
happened until I was married and it was a planned circumstance.  If some of
this silliness was curtailed there would not be a crisis of benefits for
those of us who worked for 30 years and paid into the system.  I am sure
many Americans in my situation feel betrayed by our government and are
angry.

Thank You,