[guide.chat] Thought for the day.

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 23:03:59 +0100

OK; tomorrow's Sunday, so I thought I'd share a few more Gems from Adrian
Plass' "Bacon Sandwiches and Salvation - an A-Z of Christian living."

* Warning....may contain theology.

Calvary - An anagram of "cavalry."A widely used term for a group of people who
effect a last-minute rescue from disaster.
Has exactly the same meaning.

Change - rare phenomenon in the church, except in the collection - and it isn't
common even then!

Christ. - 1) Amazing person to know, a life changing, wonderful relationship
beckons with that knowledge.
Christ. - 2) Swear word.
Think about it....

Piller of the Church. - Big, thick thing which holds things up and restricts
vision.
Pillock of the Church - Big, thick thing which holds things up and restricts
vision.

Have a good Sunday!
Jim
PTL! <><