[guide.chat] Snow

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 08:22:45 -0000

Good morning all
wow blizzards caused lot of powercuts in ireland scotland and part of england
last night
my goodness me strong wind was so noisy last night
well today very cold outside now like ghost town hardly any traffic.

we got two inchese of snow now outside here
good job not out
guess what
according to my radio its saying to millions of people to turn off your lights
at 8.30pm to 9.30pm for one hour thousands doing it al over the world to save
energy for one hour
and our big arndale centre turning all their lights out too all buildings in
the city but streets lights weill stay on because of travellers in cars buses
etc

so all going to be in Darkness tonight for one hour
makes no difference to us blind people we are used to being in darkness all day
from getting out of bed to going to bed

I only have lights on because of the crime around here  can't aford to let them
all see my flat in darkenss they could rob me
so not bare thinking about

love Carol xxxx