[guide.chat] My lovely weekend in Blackpool

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:57:50 +0100

Hi All
wow what a weekend
but not joking it rained and rained all friday and saturday Shame really
got very wet
Anyway despite the miserable wet weather still had lovely time.
Julia husband picked me up at 9am Friday morning.
Julia already had her case in boot they came in for mine put in car

we got dropped of at manchester train station for 9.15am
We managed to get the 9.45am train to Blackpool north
On train at table carer sorted me out with my walkman and headphones put
magazine on it.  About 10.30am on train carer put me ham sandwiches out in
lunch box packet of crisp blue ribbon bar
she got me hot choclate of the drinks tray that comes round on trains

so I was happy eating and drinking listening to my magazine
great
julia listened to her eye pod
music on hers
then when arrived at around 12.15am
we got sorted got off train
still raining hard

went for black cab
to hotel
nice to get inside cosy hotel
chatted to receptionest paid the money
asked for the menue sheets
went up to sort our bedroom out nice room cosy in their
Julia unpacked the case
showed me around

two single beds en suite
got good large shower cubical
then we wnt down stairs
chatted in bar
then went to saint annes
we got number 11 bus on saint chads street
outside
saint peters church

took us to saint annes square took over 20 minutes

Guess what
used my bus pass over their

oh not joking so wet and miserable outside
good job took my waterproof jacket

well nice shops in saint annes
got devenhams bon marsh marks and spencers lots of bakerys shopes shoe shopt
indoor market
so we went in backery oh wow freshly made pies in their we had one each pot of
tea

then went in some shops
for look around
went back on bus to hotel
Went in bar for chat enjoyed meeting others in their
oh good
we had drink
then went up for shower got ready as take that look alike group were on
but they saang all the take that songs wow
i wore nice black trousers black and white top with poka dots on

julia wore black trousers cream top
we went down enjoyed the artiest
clapped and joined in

oh it was brilliant night

Saturday morning got up at 8am
showered
oh not joking rained none stop
well had cooked breakfast pot of tea

then decided to go out not far though too wet
we went on the peir in arcade spent lot of money in their hahahahahahahahaha
oops spent £12 on machines
yes,I know

then we went in cafe on pier had nice pot of tea fresh scone with jam on

you couldn't really walk about for the heavy rain
then went in few shops bought myself black leather shoulder bag with out line
of jack russel dog on it in white stiches got purse to match.

carer got new tan shoes

then went back to hotel

Nice and cosy in their receptionest told us elton john was on saturday night on
built stage near the north pier
but all trams were not going no traffic as it was diverted in back roads and
streets
but it turned out elton john went home after couple of hours
too windy on the north heavy rain the public standing out in the pouring rain
anyway for evening meal saturday we had tomato soup steamed white fish hadock
fish
boiled potatoes mixed vegetables  for afters i had vanilla cheese cake pot of
tea
nice
oh forgot to say on friday night i had soup mini roll
had chicken fillet mixed vegetables roast potatoes
julia had lamb shanks same vegetables roast potatoes we had trifle

forgot to mention that
Anyway on saturday after tea i was wearing black dress got orange on it
carer wore nice cream trousers nice top

we had Neal diamond look alike on that night
before the artiest came on we did bingo sighted bingo raffles
no luck though
when artiest finished at mignight
disco was on wow noisey in their

Sunday mornin got up at 8am showered
had cooked breakfast at 9am

packed our case
checked room
went to say our good byes to friends we met in their then said good bye to
staff
then got black cab to town centre
went in resturant
we had roast beef yorkshire puddings vegetables gravy roast potatoes glass of
passion fruit

didn't get served till gone 11.30am
wehn finished we got taxi to station
we got the 12.45pm train only five minutes away from resturant

so arrived home in to manchester for 2.15pm
bobby came to pick us up at 3pm
so wow busy busy weekend
shattered
got home chilled out

Hope you all enjoyed my weekend in Blackpool account
Love Carol xxxxxx