[guide.chat] Malcolm

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 14:57:33 +0100

Hi Malcolm, oh yes I'm sure we will all have a lovely time but will still keep
my guard up of course. We going for a walk and something to eat. Well Barbara
is one of our newest helpers at the Monday blind club. Sarah is a new member
she's 44 and Karen is her carer she's in her 50's. Barbara is in her 60's.
Sadly Barbara lost her husband a year ago he died suddenly of a heart attack so
now she's on her own she's looking at ways to get out and keep occupied. She
wasn't at the club last time as her daughter was in hospital so she had to look
after the grandchildren so she phoned me to arrange our outing. I'm sure it
will be lovely for us all to get out the odd times together let's hope so. Kate
was an organiser of this club called church trees for people with all
disabilities not just blind. Well she used to do craft with me such as card
making but as well as doing cards with me in the club she would come over to my
house and do craft with me on a Friday afternoon. She used to take me out on a
personal basis not just the club outings. We went tenpin bowling. Oh yes I
didn't mention that Kate has 2 little girls Charlotte 14 and Abigail 11 at the
time they were that age when we used to be friends but of course a year has
passed since then so they will now be 12 and 15. Well the girls came on most of
our outings with us we had such fun and as well as being friends with Kate I
became quite attached to the little girls as they seemed so special as they
accepted me as just Clare not that blind girl. Other outings we did was eating
out of course we even went to KFC where I had never been till I went with them
and I loved it. They even took me on a day out to this place near Kings Lynn to
a farmhouse where this lady has her own pottery studio and as I love doing
pottery I was in my element and Kate and her husband Martin and the girls loved
it too. We all made 4 pots each and the lady fired and glazed them for us and
posted them to Kate's house. When the lady asked what colour we wanted our
pots, before I could answer the others said oh Clare would love hers in
chocolate colour. Oh that was so funny as I didn't have to say a word they said
it all for me. Then we had a pub lunch after our pottery session. This day out
was to celebrate Charlotte's 14th birthday so a birthday she will always
remember. I was so honoured they wanted to share her big day with me. We all
went to the theatre to a show called back to the 80's oh we all loved it and
some of Charlotte's friends were in the show as it was done by a young theatre
group connected with her school. OH yes Kate even came with me to my sister's
wedding vows renewal last year as Elaine and Simon renewed their wedding vows
last year after 10 years of marriage it was such a lovely day and as I had a
friend of my own age with me it felt so good. Well I thought I would share all
this with you and everyone. Now you will understand why I thought Kate was a
genuine friend as it seemed like we were so close and as we did all those
activities together and she was taking me out with her family it all seemed so
innocent and genuine. Then all of a sudden out of the blue I was dropped and
she went all cold and distant on me till she no longer wanted to know me at
all. She turned funny as soon as she found out my carer Anna was leaving
because of all these cutbacks there was just no job for her anymore. Anna was a
bit sceptical about the friendship as she was worried that I would be so hurt
when the novelty wore off with Kate and she was so right there. With Kate being
only 37 at the time and Anna also sensed something wasn't right that she
couldn't quite put her finger on so it was very hard for her to warn me. Now
Anna and I are so much closer and she's the one who stands by me no matter what
as she's still my friend and as Anna is 52 that's more proof that older people
are much more loving and understanding. Kate doesn't even care about me it
shows. She even turned the whole church trees group against me as they turned
weird on me as well it was so awful. Kate never liked my carer Anna and Anna
didn't really like Kate so I was in the middle of both women not very nice for
me but now I know Anna had a good reason not to like Kate but if only I knew
that before. Well it turns out Kate had a motive as she often kept saying to me
Anna's no good as my carer and she has a friend who would love to step into her
shoes. Well it seems she was only taking me out to turn me against Anna and to
get me to get her friend Vicky employed but as soon as she found out that my
job was no longer there because of all the cuts that's when she turned as her
plan was all messed up. She wanted to get rid of Anna but not like that. She
wanted Anna gone so Vicky could have her job. Anna did say to me once that she
thinks Kate's trying to take her job away from her but I just laughed and
thought nothing of it. How awful and devious that woman is. I know now I'm
better without her. She was trampling over my feelings to get what she wanted
so I thank God these cutbacks happened as it got me out of a bad situation. I
worked out Kate's very good at manipulating people she's so clever that's for
sure as she seems so innocent but all the time she has a motive. She's the kind
of person who won't do anything for anyone unless there's something in it for
her. Well enough of my waffling. I hope that puts you more in the picture of
the situation. Love Clare xxxx