[guide.chat] Irish jokes

  • From: "John Keel" <j.keel1428@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chat forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:51:58 +0100

Hi all,
Irish jokes do seem to have gone out of fashion but here is one which Spike
Miligan used to tell which might make you smile.
Three British were arrested during the French revolution for scarlet Pimpernel
activities and sentenced to death by the Guillotine. They were , of course, an
Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman. The first one to go was the
~Englishman. "How do you wish to die?"  said the executioner. "Will you lie
face down or look up at the blade."  The Englishman replied, "Well, I'm English
so naturally I'll look up at the blade. "Are you ready to die,"  asked the
executioner. "Yes, quite ready,"  replied the Englishman. The lever was pulled
and the blade started down but stuck half way. "You have beaten the guillotine
and are free to go," said the executioner and off he went.
Next was the Scotsman.
"How do you wish to die?"
"I'll do the same as the Englishman. I'll look up at the blade."
The lever was pulled and again the blade stuck half way down.
"You have beaten the Guillotine and are free to go."
Next was the Irishman.
"How do you wish to die?"
"Oh, I'll do like them other fellahs, I'll look up at the blade."
"Are you ready to die?"
"Yes, oh no. Just a minute. I think I can see what's wrong with the blade."
Don't groan, smile darn you, smile.