[guide.chat] In Reply To: hi all,

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Phyllis Edwards" <phyllis.edwards999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:18:39 -0000

Phyllis;
I'm curious.
How do the Brownies react to your disability?
I ask, as, being a Boys Brigade Boy and later Officer from the age of seven
until forty-five, most of the Boys with whom I worked or taught were accustomed
to dealing with a visually impaired person. Once the same joke was played for
the umpteenth time and it wasn't funny anymore,  there was no problem.
It was interesting, though, to see how some of the Boys reacted when, at one
time, we had a boy who was a victim of Thalidomide join us.
Jim.