[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] my mother has no one to say anything to

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vanessa" <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>, "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:37:22 -0000

Horrifying, Vanessa.
I am so amazed - and proud - that you turned into the very special person we
all know you to be.
Every situation, every family, is different. Not everyone had an idyllic
childhood with caring parents to support them.
I'm just grateful I was lucky to have a mum who understood me and raised me
single handed after my dad died in 1964.
I'm also grateful I was around to care for her in her last decade. It was a
struggle sometimes, but I wouldn't have changed a moment of it.
Thanks so much for sharing your story with us.
Jim.