[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] for Jim

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Faye; Cathie; and Mike!" <catherineharris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide chat list" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 22:27:49 +0100

Hi, Cathie;
Thee problem is that I live out in the sticks!
The nearest goal ball team is in Glasgow - thirty odd miles away!
The only sports in this area are golf - though my mobility might cause problems
there, now - and the blind bowling scene. I used to play bowls with the
Kilmarnock Blind Club - they used to have players up to International
standard...I wasn't one.
But things got too serious there: they didn't see it as a game or pastime, but
some became obsessed with it.
At that point, I gave up...but anyway, that was at the same time - nearly
twenty five years ago, now, that we started the Cumnock Blind Club. Sometimes
we play bowls in the winter at the Auchinleck Indoor Bowling centre - my home
town - but only as a game, a bit of fun.
The only game I play now is chess. I play online at www.chess.com.