[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Update for you

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:34:30 +0100

Hi Vanessa I'm so happy all's going well at your club sounds so cool just my
thing I would love the line dancing for sure. You could do a bring and buy sale
to raise funds. Our Monday club have a bring and buy sale to raise money for
our outings and of course hiring a bus. It's also a good way for everyone to
get rid of their junk which is always another person's treasure they say and to
raise money for our club at the same time. The afternoon tea at garden centre
this Monday came out of our funds and so did the money for the bus to take us
there and back. We're now saving up for our Christmas dinner oh better not
mention that it's just too scary but it won't be long the way the year's flying
by. I have noticed at our clubs it's mainly elderly people I'm the youngest at
all of them although we now have a new member Sarah' and her carer Karen.
Sarah's 43 so a bit nearer my age. Age doesn't really matter to me that much as
I do get on well with the elderly members but having someone your own age can
be nice. Love Clare xxxx.

Vanessa Pugh said.

hello all, just a short note to keep you updated with our blind club here in
Andover, still doing the street collection, that finishes tomorrow, next is
2days at the end of the month at another out of town supermarket, forgot to say
that some of the activities incalude line dancing and a gardening group, you
could spend all week doing something, in May we had a few days at the Loriston
hotel at Weston, there was a group of 32, mostly visuals and some sighted
helpers, also a guide dog named Elizabeth and of course Scott , we met another
chat line regular there, Keith , and it was good to meet  and put a body to the
voice ha ha, do you think we should all try to get together, where would be
central, could all of us girls cope if we asked some of the lads along, we
should line them up and have a guess who the body belongs to, what do you think
boys and girls, must go now, only got another 119 messages to check, keep on
typing, Vanessa xx