[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Musical talents

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:22:52 -0000

Hi Vanessa, oh how cool. Yes I have always wanted to play the keyboard too.
Well, I have always wanted to go to the 60's weekend in Eastbourne. It happens
every year in January so I do hope I get there one day. Now there's 2 goals I
can work towards. I would be in my element on that weekend for sure. Oh I know
what you mean about local colleges and community centres not catering for our
needs. I find the same problems at our community centre. Even though there are
a couple of suitable courses for me such as jewellery making and some other
crafts they say they are not able to find me that one to one support. I suppose
because of all these dreaded cuts so unless I have someone to go with me such
as my mum or a friend I'm not able to go. They would much rather me have my own
support as the tutor wouldn't be able to give me the help I need. The jewellery
making tutor didn't have a clue about my needs as a totally blind person. If
the course was in the afternoons my mum could go with me but sadly it's on
Thursday mornings at 10 AM so mum can't go with me as she's at work which is a
shame as that course would be ideal for us both. We are both into craft in a
big way. Also the local colleges aren't much help. I don't want a course that's
too intense just a leisurely kind of thing. Cooking is another good one for me
to do but again I would need support not only for myself but as Carol says for
health and safety reasons. Love Clare xx