[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Labelling tins and jars with pen friend

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 22:15:40 +0100

Hi paul
wow this article is very interesting indeed
great idea
thank you for sharing it with us all  appreciate it

From: Paul Benson - Email Address: paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 08/07/2011 21:58
Sent To: guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guide.chat] Labelling tins and jars with pen friend

Hello all,

Here is an email I found on another list. It offers an interesting method of
using the labels created by the Pen Friend.

I do not use the Pen Friend myself, but for those who do, this looks like a
good tip.

Paul Benson.

    *    *

Every now and again I receive stuff through the post which have magnetic strips
on them so you can affix them to your fridge.

One day it occurred to me that these magnetic strips could be used in
conjunction with pen friend labels to label anything that was made of metal.
The one problem with the labels is that with disposable items in order to reuse
the label you obviously have to peel it off and re attach to something else
which you can only do a few times. As the majority of us have many tins and
jars in our cupboards this would require a large number of expensive labels.

I looked on Amazon and bought the following reel for just £3.99.
Magnetic Craft Self-Adhesive Magnet Strip - 12.75mm x 3 meter roll.

All you need to do is cut off a small section with a pair of scissors. Stick a
pen friend label to it and then pop it onto a tin or jar lid and it will stick
magnetically. You then just record what the item is as normal. When you come to
open the item just take off the magnetic strip and put it onto another tin or
jar or whatever it is you want to label, then Record a new message for that
item. Using this method the pen friend labels will last for a considerably long
time. I have a little plastic container with loads of little strips with pen
friend labels stuck to them so when I get some new tins or jars I just get one
out and pop it onto the item in question.

    *     *